Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Accountability

Oh hey. Friday again. How'd that happen. I swear I meant to post something this week, and actually have some drafts in-progress.

Ebooks:

  • Animal Wise: The Thoughts and Emotions of Our Fellow Creatures by Virginia Morrell
    I've had this one my to-read list for awhile and snatched it up when it came up on sale. I find animal psychology fascinating and always want to learn more.
  • This is the Night by Jonah C. Sirott
    This was my Amazon Prime First Reads choice for October. The selection was a bit ho-hum. I'm now sure I'll get around to this.
  • The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
    I've never read this but it seems to be super popular amongst the YA-set. I picked it up on sale. Let's see what the fuss is about.
  • Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
    This has been getting some nice buzz and the second book is coming out soon, apparently. I decided it was time to read it.
  • An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
    Insta-buy as soon as I saw this was on sale. I love Howard Zinn and have a penchant to love anything that pays homage to his great A People's History of the United States, but I was further moved to purchase the because of the topic.
  • The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
    I own the first one but haven't read it yet. So of course it makes total sense to purchase the next in the series...
  • Ash by Malinda Lo
    I've been hearing about Malinda Lo for awhile and have been meaning to read her. I've determined to read more by authors of color, particularly of Asian descent (do you know how hard it is to find genre fiction written by Asian authors? Try it sometime), so this was an easy purchase.

Audiobook:

  • Yes Please by Amy Poelher
    I got this for free from the Goodread's Ford Audio Club. I've already started listening to this and am enjoying it immensely.

Also...

  • Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
    I had this on hold at the library and it finally came in. (See note for Ash by Malinda Lo above.)

I'm still acquiring books faster than I'm reading. Eek. I must work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment